That’s me, 35 feet up there…removing about 40 pounds of wood trim that was no longer firmly attached. It was about to fall off and I *really* don’t want to kill random pedestrians with pieces of my building. Over half of it was missing.
I had to pull square nails to remove the rest of it.
I then added new trim to seal a gap between the roof and the wall of the tower. It’s the “shiny” in the pic below…
That’s my friend Mike down there…helping me out by watching the truck and being my second boom operator if needed…he is also my saw man for the siding underlay repair and shingle replacement.
We started on the siding underlay repair and siding replacement as well…
That is a jigsaw puzzle there…only one row of those doesn’t require some kind of cut. Add in the 110 year old “square” factor (as in, nothing is square after 100 years…unless it’s broken and needs replaced) and there were dozens of cuts involved here. The top will go faster.
There’s enough here to see the pattern anyway…we ran out of time and the weather came down on us the next day (45 degree temperature drop, 7 inches of snow). The upper tower will have several rows of fishscale, several straight, and three rows with the round/arrow combo that gives the illusion of the circles.
Can’t wait to see it all together!